For some time I have been concerned about the loading times of my blog. I have spent a fair bit of time debugging and trying to speed it up a little. I think I have now got it loading fairly quickly (a lot better than I had it before – sometimes upto 15 seconds to load a page!).
To aid increasing the loading speed I have:
- Optimised the main header image to be web-friendly (no longer a png, thus reducing file size)
- Turned Off / Deleted excess plugins that are no longer needed
- Switched to less resource hogging plugins where I can
- Removed duplicate image link content
- Reverted to a minimalistic style
I think now I’ll monitor how it goes, I may end up switching host to get better performance (currently my hosting is FREE, so I cannot complain that much really)